Saturday, April 2, 2011

Flip flops + Snow in March = Really Cold Toes!

How is it that time can go so fast and so slow at the same time?   The days seem to drag on, especially since  I have been mainly working closing shifts at night and spending my days checking and rechecking facebook, reading blogs, and studying siSwati.  Yet, at the same time June doesn't feel that far away.

Two weeks ago we had a mini-family reunion in Myrtle Beach, SC.  I was a fantastic vacation full of sun, sand, and shopping!  Can't get any better!  I bought a few dresses for my new wardrobe.  We laid on the beach and played in the ocean.  I even got a bit of a sun tan!  At night we all went swimming in the pool and jacuzzi.  I didn't want to leave!  I thought it was a good idea to only wear a t-shirt, some jeans, and flip-flops to the airport which wasn't so smart because since the ground was covered in snow when we got home to NJ.  I didn't want my vacation to be over so quickly, but that snow definitely brought me back to reality.

Last weekend we went to REI and got a sleeping bag and solar shower, among other things.  Definitely a cool store.  So at this point I feel like I am almost done shopping.  I have a new wardrobe, somewhere to sleep, and the ability to shower! That should cover it, right?  Now, I just have to hope it all its in my suitcases in 2 months!

2 comments:

  1. If you have problems finding room in your luggage, I suggest getting rid of those two Rubik's Cubes you were talking about....they're the seed of Satan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will miss you.... It makes me sooo sad to think about you leaving now!

    ReplyDelete