Tuesday, October 25, 2011

The importance of boiling water

In America, we take for granted the availability of clean drinking water. Here, when my water comes out of the tap across the street its brown. To make it ok to drink I boil it, filter it, and put a drop of bleach in it. The summer has arrived here, so I am drinking more water than before and turning my stove on to boil it turns my room into an oven. The other day I misjudged and ran out of clean water. Big mistake! Diarrhea, vomit, fever. ugh! The fever broke and I am starting to feel better.

1 comment:

  1. Ugh! So sorry you were sick! Swaziland does that to everyone at some point I think.

    To combat the boiling water turning my house into an oven thing I would solar purify (and filter) my water in the summer. Have you tried that? I think there's a page in Where the is no Doctor about it...

    ReplyDelete