Monday, May 9, 2011

My ticket for Staging is booked!

This morning I heard my computer chime, notifying me that I have a new e-mail.  It was the staging information from the Peace Corps!!!  Staging is being held in Philadelphia for a day full of ice breaker games and sore arms from all the vaccines we need to get.

My travel itinerary for the next month:
In 5 days.. Saturday 5/14 - Leaving NJ for Syracuse!
about 3 weeks in Syracuse.
June 6 @ 3:23p - Leaving Syracuse and arriving in Philadelphia @ 4:25p
June 8 @ 3:00a!!! Leave hotel for JFK airport .... idk why staging isn't held in NYC?
   plane leaves @ 11:25a for Swaziland
June 9 - Arriving in Swaziland!!!!
June 10 - CULTURE SHOCK!! lol

I am very grateful for the last 8 or so months I was able to spend with my mom and stepdad in New Jersey and also for all the people I met while living here, especially the Carnes family, all of my coworkers at the Gap, and the members of Parsippany UMC.  You have all touched my life!

I am looking forward to seeing all of my friends and family in Syracuse for the next couple weeks!
Pastor Jeff of Parsippany UMC gave me a beautiful
blessing and a prayer blanket for my PC journey!


Will and Kari Carnes - I will really miss you guys!

1 comment:

  1. ...and the Carnes Family is VERY GRATEFUL to have met you!! You have been so sweet to Will & Kari, we can't thank you enough for taking such good care of them. Now about your arrival in Swaziland...be sure that your priorities are in order when you get there and you take care of the most important things first...internet access so we can hear from you on Facebook and you can update your Blog frequently and chat with us on Skype! LOL!

    ReplyDelete